The 82A Sunday Sessions
Every Sunday 1:30pm – 6:00pm
Free to performers and musicians interested in originality, improvisation, pushing the envelope, meeting like minded people
Studio walk through
The sessions are:
- In a relaxed private studio/rehearsal/theatre/space in Alexandria Sydney Australia away from the hype of the music, entertainment and theatre scene/s, where interesting stuff can happen. It is not a money making venture and not open to a public audience.
- The sessions are free and open to musicians/performers/artists interested in, improvisation, expanding their boundaries, meeting new people, collaborating, constructive dialogue, jamming, being part of an intimate concert style performance very seven weeks [*]
- Performers/musicians can show or work on their and other people’s material, have their own work appraised, push their envelope, leap off the deep end, meet like minded people and have fun doing it without the burden of logistics or having to hire a studio or gear. Full list of the facilities and equipment available
- Participants need to register to be given an invitation
- The content of the sessions are entirely dependent on the participants. There’s no guarantee who’ll be at each session, the level of ability and there is no strict order. Original work and constructive criticism will be encouraged.
- Please bear in mind that what you see and hear when you first arrive is not indicative of the whole session. There might be a wait, it won’t be for ever, so stick around.
- If there’s something specific you’d like to try, please consider how you can present it and speak up! There’s access into the PA for IPod, IPhone, IPad, laptop, CD. Also a scanner, dedicated laptop, projector, large screen, ‘Band in Box’ and big blackboard so everyone can be on the same page
- [*]The sessions for 2014 are divided into eight blocks of seven weeks. The aim is to produce an intimate concert of about 60 to 90 minutes for a private audience at the 82A studio at the end of each seven week block throughout 2014
- Participants need to register a separate expression of interest for inclusion in the concert program
NB: The Sunday Sessions are not for bands/groups/recording:
- Sometimes the record button is pressed … sometimes not.
- Recordings/photos/videos are published only so people can get an idea of what has and can happen and as a platform to demonstrate people’s abilities
- Mix down/editing photos/video and publication on the 82A Sunday Sessions blog, A Minor detour blog, YouTube and/or Sound Cloud and other media is at the facilitator’s discretion and is only meant to be representative, not finished product.
- Agreement/release of recordings/photos/video for publication is by participation. Example http://wp.me/p38vMA-hO. If you do not want to be recorded/published or your name to appear on the Sunday Sessions blog, YouTube, Sound Cloud or other media, please inform the facilitator on the day.
- Example of project development from Sunday Sessions http://wp.me/p38vMA-iG
·–· · ––· ·· ··· – · ·–·
Are you going to be in Sydney?
Are you a player, dancer, poet, wordsmith, writer, performer?
Looking for players or performers or just looking for a jam?
Register (free), to get the full address and contact details for 82A activities
Tell us what activity you’d like to be involved in or what you do and more importantly, what you’d like to do!
Profits from Concerts/Showcases and/or monies from the disposal/sale of Donated Equipment or equipment bought from donations: go to
The Ian Bowie Memorial Association is a non-profit association dedicated to assisting disadvantaged youth who wish to follow a career in theatre/entertainment.
(The IBMA web site is currently being transferred and updated)
The 82a Sunday sessions are supported by